If you have a SiteMinder account, you can connect it to Sirvoy.
- Inform your account manager at SiteMinder that you want to connect through Sirvoy.
- Once the connection request has been approved, go to Settings -> Channels -> SiteMinder and click “Edit”.
- Enter your SiteMinder hotel ID and indicate which region you are using (EMEA or APAC).
- Activate the room types you want to send to SiteMinder by changing the status to “ON”. Take note of the room type ID (shown in brackets after the room type name) for each room type you activate, for example “4680104”.
- For each mapped room type, SiteMinder will ask you to fill out three fields (room code, rate code and inventory code). The “Rate Code” should always be left blank. Use the room type ID, that you noted in the previous step, to fill out both “Room Code” and “Inventory Code”. Login to SiteMinder to enter those codes online, or alternatively you can fill out and return the spreadsheet that SiteMinder will provide.
- Once the mapping is done, inform our support team and they will activate the connection.
Note: Each rate in SiteMinder (for example Single Use, Non refundable, etc.) must be mapped to a unique room type ID in Sirvoy. You might have to create duplicate room types in Sirvoy, to be able to map all rates that exist in SiteMinder.
Note: Once the connection is completed, you will no longer be able to change rates, availability, restrictions (see some exceptions here), etc. via your SiteMinder login. All updates will have to be done from Sirvoy. Once a change is done in Sirvoy, it will be reflected on SiteMinder within a couple of minutes. However, we still recommend that you at times verify through your SiteMinder login that availability, rates and bookings are updated and synced correctly.
Note: Even though the availability is synced between Sirvoy and the channels almost instantaneously, there is always a small risk of double bookings when the same physical room is made available on multiple booking channels simultaneously. For example, the last room could in the same instant be booked both through your website and another booking channel. This happens very rarely, even for busy hotels. But if this does happen, the booking channel will expect you to promptly inform them so that, depending on your agreement, the partner service of the channel can help find a solution as soon as possible.