The “Sirvoy Vault” feature (requires Sirvoy Pro) can be used in two ways: either to save credit card details in general or as a back-up solution for channel bookings. In both cases, the CC details are just stored without directly charging the card.
1. Use Sirvoy Vault to save credit card details
After activating the feature under Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Sirvoy Vault you also need to select it as preferred option under Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Card Payments. This allows you to:
- Store CC details received via the online Booking Engine automatically.
- Store CC details from your connected Sales Channels automatically.
- Store CC details received by phone or by front desk manually in the created booking under “Card details”.
You will find the card details in the booking view under “Card details” in the bottom left corner and can use them to charge cards manually – e.g. via an external machine.
2. Sirvoy Vault as a back-up for channel bookings
You activate the function under Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Sirvoy Vault. This will store CC details from your connected Sales Channels automatically. You will find them in the booking view under “Card details” in the bottom left corner. From there, you can either manually charge the card via an external machine or via Stripe, which is the only payment solution in Sirvoy that accepts later charging by the hotel.
Forward the credit card information to Stripe and charge the card in the booking
When the card information is received you can forward it to Stripe and then charge the card in the booking. This requires that Stripe is selected and activated as payment solution in Sirvoy.
In order to forward credit card information to Stripe for immediate charging, follow these steps:
- Click on “Charge card” in the Payment section of the booking details page.
- In the view that follows, select “Add new card”
- Select a card shown under “Add card that exists in the Sirvoy Vault”
- This card will now show as selected card in “Charge card stored in Stripe”. Review details and click “Charge card” for immediate charging. In the Payment section of the booking details page you will now see the registered Stripe payment.
Storage, Security and GDPR
Two-factor authentication has to be set up when activating the feature.
Sirvoy Vault uses a tokenization and de-tokenization tool.
The credit card information is stored in the Sirvoy Vault for 30 days after check-out, in line with GDPR. If a credit card is added after check-out, the credit card information will instead be removed 30 days after it was added.
However, GDPR allows the hotel to store the CC details until payment has been completed in full. A guest can’t use GDPR to make you delete it before that time has elapsed.
The “Sirvoy Vault” feature can be disabled by the hotel at any time, and all credit card details in all bookings will then be deleted. Please keep in mind that they cannot be restored, the action is irreversible as no backup will be made.
This service is a reliable third party service, no credit card details are stored in the Sirvoy system or servers.