Note: The information in this article contains third party system descriptions that are subject to change without prior notice. Therefore, please be aware that some details may be outdated due to recent modifications made by the third party.
Follow these steps to activate the PayPal payment solution:
- Go to Settings -> Payments & Invoicing -> Card payments and click “Edit”.
- Select PayPal in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the email which you use with PayPal.
- Indicate the type of prepayment that should be requested.
- Log in to PayPal and go to “Settings” (the gear symbol on the top right side). Click on “Seller Tools” and you will see the section “Selling online”.
If you have a PayPal Business account, first go to “Account Settings” (the gear symbol on the top right side). In the left column (under the heading Product & Services) choose “Website Payments”.
- Under the second option “Website preferences” click “Update” and activate “Auto Return for Website Payments”.
If you use a PayPal Business account, you will find “Website preferences” as the fourth option. Click on “Update” and activate “Auto Return for Website Payments”.
- Enter your website as the “Return URL”. This will allow Sirvoy to automatically override the return URL and redirect the guest back to the booking engine.
- Make a test booking through your website to find out what your guests will see.
Note: If you set the PayPal connection to the “test mode” environment, you can make a test booking and see that you get redirected to the PayPal checkout page. No payments can be made when in test mode.